Monday, June 6, 2011

Testimony

Thankyou Patricia, for leading a beautiful discussion this past Sunday on Elder Samuelson's most recent conference talk titled, "Testimony." What a treasure to hear the honest and sincere testimonies of the sisters in our Relief Society. I felt so blessed and strengthened to be surrounded by women who know and love the Lord and are doing their best to follow Him.

"People do good and important things because they have testimonies. While this is true, we also gain testimonies because of what we do. Jesus said:
“My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
“If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself” (John 7:16–17).
“If ye love me, keep my commandments” (John 14:15).
Like Nephi and Mormon of old, “I do not know the meaning of all things” (1 Nephi 11:17; see also Words of Mormon 1:7), but let me tell you what I do know.
I know God our Heavenly Father lives and loves us. I know His uniquely special Son, Jesus Christ, is our Savior and Redeemer and the head of the Church, which bears His name. I know Joseph Smith experienced all that he has reported and taught with respect to the Restoration of the gospel in our day. I know we are led by apostles and prophets today and President Thomas S. Monson holds all of the keys of the priesthood necessary to bless our lives and advance the work of the Lord. I know we are all entitled to this knowledge, and if you are struggling, you can rely on the truthfulness of the testimonies you hear from this pulpit at this conference. These things I know and bear testimony of in the name of Jesus Christ, amen." - Elder Samuelson, April 2011 General Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment